Device that has internet, e-mail, & e-mail attachments

I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically
any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to
wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail
attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF.  Does anything like this
exist?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated,
Harry

AT205 (6)
11/19/2003 6:22:08 PM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tungsten T3, Sony UX-50, Blackberry and Pocket PC devices amongst others.

The biggest problem with Palm devices is that unless you have an application
that can use the attachement you won't be able to open it. For Word, Excel
and PDF this is not a problem. Other file types may be an issue.

TC

"Harry Muscle" <fake@AT@e-mail.com> schreef in bericht
> I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically
> any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him
> wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail
> attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF.  Does anything like this
> exist?
>
> Any suggestions are highly appreciated,
> Harry

Harry,

Visit www.palmone.com and gor for the Tungsten range ..

Kris

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:22:08 -0500, "Harry Muscle"
<fake@AT@e-mail.com> wrote:

>I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically
>any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to
>wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail
>attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF.  Does anything like this
>exist?

Wouldn't any of the Symbian smart phones do that?  You may
need a third party product for the PDF attachments.

--
Eric Lindsay          http://www.ericlindsay.com/guff
Airlie Beach Qld Australia - Great Barrier Reef entry
wrote:

>I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically
>any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to
>wirelessly

What kind of wireless?

Home, office, Starbucks? Tungsten C, or any _fast_ PalmOS machine with the
Universal Connector design, plus an Enfora WiFi case.

Anywhere/anytime? Add the appropriate cellular data service to these
(large screen)
Tungsten T3 plus GSM Bluetooth phone
Tungsten W
--
(smaller screen, lower resolution)
Treo 270, 300, 600

>surf the internet, access his e-mail,

Aha! Cellular provider MUST provide POP3 service, or he must have a POP3 or
IMAP service of his own which works well with an e-mail client (and
VersaMail is finicky, plus some POP3 providers, franly, sucketh when it
comes to support for mobile device software).

> as well as open e-mail attachents, especially Word, Excel, and PDF.
VersaMail, SnapperMail, plus DocsToGo 6, which cmoes with new Palms.

>Does anything like this exist?
Got one in my pocket.

>Any suggestions are highly appreciated,
>Harry

>-----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.