java.lang.NoSuchMethodException when trying to connect to DB2 with a connection pool

Hi,

I've set up a DB2 8 database and I'm trying to connect to it with Sun
ONE webserver 6.1 on AIX 5.2.   When I test the webapp I get "auth
failed server does not support this method/mechanism".  After looking
into it I found out the server only allows "Username only
authentication"

After adding "SecurityMechanism" to the Connection Pool parameters I
get java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource.setSecurityMechanism(boolean).  I'm
not sure why it's sending the 4 as a boolean rather than as an int or
short.  I tried using 0x4.

The developer used DataSource to make the connection and after some
digging around I found:

db2ds.setSecurityMechanism(
  com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2BaseDataSource.USER_ONLY_SECURITY);
                                          // Set security mechanism to
                                          // user ID only

to set it in the source code as a workaround.

Has anyone encountered this?  Does anyone have a guess as how to get
around this?

0
frogger_1976
1/19/2007 6:37:14 PM
comp.sys.sun.apps 277 articles. 0 followers. bettyejillia (6) is leader. Post Follow