[Mac OS X] Create PDF from multiple images app/utility?

On Mac OS X, does anyone know of any utility or app that allows me to
create a single PDF document from multiple png's or tiffs with each
image as a page -- *in a reasonable order* --  based on the image file
names like the order that Finder displays them, rather than a haphazard
order which is what Acrobat Pro 6 leaves me with? (I know Acrobat
allows you to hand sort them but this is with about 700 images).

Thanks.
0
John

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Mac OS X: Creating PDF figures from within IDL
For those Mac users who have got into the habit of wanting all their figures in PDF format (i.e for Pages, Keynote or TexShop), Ben Tupper's PStoPDF procedure is very handy (see postings April 2005). The PStoPDF procedure spawns a command that executes Apple's own pstopdf. It works very well, but the PDFs don't seem to employ any compression. For example, starting with a 200k EPS file, pstopdf creates a 200k PDF whereas Omnigraffle can export a PDF 1/10 the size without any hint of loss. There does not seem to be any way to enable compression (loss-less or otherwise) in pstopod...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books)
Hi, I'm giving below, steps to install and use my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit. This post is for end-users. xtopdf is both a set of end-user tools and a library for use by developers, to create PDF from various input formats. I'll post another message here about how developers can use it in various ways, sometime later. The steps are for the Windows platform. Will do another post for Linux. 1. Get Python v2.4.3 here: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/python-2.4.3.msi Size is not more than 10 MB. Install it - its an MSI, so just double-click. (Any Python version >...

GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books)
Hi, I'm giving below, steps to install and use my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit. This post is for end-users. xtopdf is both a set of end-user tools and a library for use by developers, to create PDF from various input formats. I'll post another message here about how developers can use it in various ways, sometime later. The steps are for the Windows platform. Will do another post for Linux. 1. Get Python v2.4.3 here: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/python-2.4.3.msi Size is not more than 10 MB. Install it - its an MSI, so just double-click. (Any Python version >...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

Filemaker scripting to pdf with OS X pdf services
I trying to leverage the PDF Services workflow capabilities in OS X. I have a Filemaker Server 7 Advanced on an xServe G5. I am trying to automatically generate pdfs from a Filemaker script without any dialogs. The name of the pdf would be equal to a combination of two field contents. In this example, it happens to be 'TeacherName-StudentName.pdf'. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark Mark <mwt5584@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am trying to automatically > generate pdfs from a Filemaker script without any dialogs FMP 8 does that. -- Philippe M...

PDF on Mac OS X (Preview)
Could I ask kind souls to check if you can read the following PDF file in Preview? http://patents1.ic.gc.ca/patimage.pdf?page=abs&patent_number=02292878&out _lang=EN&dlpdf=Download+in+Adobe+PDF I can read this PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader on Mac OS 8.6 and also on Mac OS X 10.3. However, Preview on Mac OS X 10.3 complains: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ File Error. Couldn't open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format that Preview doesn't recognize. -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Creating Mac OS X app
Hi, This is my first post here, hope this is the right group, and sorry for my broken English. So, let's start. I have created small PyQt application Simple Task Timer (http://code.google.com/p/simpletasktimer/). Also I created windows binary distro with py2exe, and Linux packages (.rpm and .deb). I would like to have Mac OS X .app binary distro but I don't have Mac OS, and I can't install Mac OS as guest on Virtual Box. Now, I'm searching for some volunteers with Mac OS who would like to test application on Mac OS, and (if it's possible) to create .app binary for Simple ...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

PDF/X-1a AND PDF/X-3
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could *please* explain to me what PDF/X-1A and PDF/X-3 mean. I read that the first is a way to enhance CMYK in PDF files but that doesn't tell me too much. I'm a print and web designer who uses PDFs ALLLL the time and although I have options to create both of these PDF formats with Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro, I'm not sure what either of these truly mean. Can anyone help me out? Or point me to a resource on Adobe's (or other) website that discusses these settings? Thanks! They are world wide standard formats for PDF files that are to be sent ...

Web resources about - [Mac OS X] Create PDF from multiple images app/utility? - comp.text.pdf

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Jakarta attacks: Multiple bombs hit Indonesian capital
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the grenades and crude homemade bombs used to stage a Paris-style attack in a busy business and shopping ...

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn Sigler has Multiple Sclerosis
... daughter of mobster Tony Soprano on the Emmy-winning drama, has gone public with her struggle with her nearly 15-year battle with multiple sclerosis. ...

Jakarta attacks: seven dead in multiple attacks linked to Islamic State
Jakarta is on highest possible alert for terrorism, after multiple explosions hit Central Jakarta on Thursday.

Facebook testing Material-inspired design for Messenger, multiple account sign-in support
Facebook is testing a minor Material Design-inspired refresh for its messaging app, Messenger. The addition of the floating action button (FAB) ...

Feature Request: Apple TV 4 needs a way to watch TV shows from multiple sources in one universal app
... coverage of AAPL Company , Apps , and iOS . What do you think? Discuss "Feature Request: Apple TV 4 needs a way to watch TV shows from multiple ...

Here’s what happens to your eyes when you look at multiple screens
It's more common than ever for people to stare at screens on multiple devices – some at the same time. Here's a tip for what you can do to protect ...

Multiple Explosions, Gunfire Rock Jakarta In Deadly ISIS-Claimed Attack
At least seven people died, including five assailants, a police spokeperson said. Multiple explosions and a gun battle rocked Jakarta, the capital ...

Jamie-Lynn Sigler says she has multiple sclerosis
The actress ​said that she has been living with MS for 15 years.

Flair’s Smart Vent System Controls the Temperature in Multiple Rooms
This time last year, we took a look at how Keen Home was changing up smart home temperature control with their KeenVent , a smart vent that could ...