Text-based PDF (read/view)er in Linux?

Hello.

Is there a text-based PDF (view/read)er for command line in Linux
(Debian stable [Jessie])'s terminals like text based web browsers (Lynx,
w3m, eLinks, etc.)? I also don't mean a PDF converter too. I tried
"less" command that people suggested online, but it shows unreadable
garbages and XML codes.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Above ground I shall be food for kites; below I
shall be food for mole-crickets and ants. Why rob one to feed the

On 06/03/16 08:33, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a text-based PDF (view/read)er for command line in Linux

I don't think so. PDF is a graphical format: it has no meaning for a
character-cell terminal with no graphics.

But you could use pdftotext to view the textual content.

///Peter
0
Peter
3/7/2016 7:20:41 PM
> > Is there a text-based PDF (view/read)er for command line in Linux

> I don't think so. PDF is a graphical format: it has no meaning for a
> character-cell terminal with no graphics.

> But you could use pdftotext to view the textual content.

Thanks. Yeah, I care not for their graphics and stuff. Just their
texts.