!LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined.

Hello ,
I am novice to Latex.I have installed teTex release version3.0.
I am trying to compile one of the tex files using latex , but unable to
because of latex error.

!LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined.
there is probably something wrong with the class file.

Can anybody please help me in resolving this.

Thanks in advance
Bhuvana

 "bhuvana" <bhuvana.aradhya@gmail.com> writes:
>I am novice to Latex.I have installed teTex release version3.0.
>I am trying to compile one of the tex files using latex , but unable to
>because of latex error.
>
>!LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined.
>there is probably something wrong with the class file.
>
>Can anybody please help me in resolving this.

being a novice, you've probably not been told about the uk tex faq,
http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq -- if you'd known about it, you might have
found.

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=normalszmiss

unless you're using some really broken documentclass, the likeliest
thing is you've forgotten the \documentclass command in your document.

you would probably profit from looking one of the standard "getting
started" latex tutorials -- i always recommend the "not so short
guide"

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf

but there's a large list in
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=tutorials