Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document

Hi,

I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it
is possible - ???)
how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on
the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize.

While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size
"normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size
"footnotesize"

Many work arounds were tried with the following commands,
\floatingfigure
\includegraphics
\epsfig
\minipage

the web was searched and some books consulted with out success

Best Regards

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas
<lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it
> is possible - ???)
> how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on
> the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize.
>
> While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size
> "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size
> "footnotesize"
>
> Many work arounds were tried with the following commands,
> \floatingfigure
> \includegraphics
> \epsfig
> \minipage
>
> the web was searched and some books consulted with out success

I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to
grab the latest version from CTAN, see
<http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>.
--
Morten