Flowing text around text

Hi all,

Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
piece of text with colored background? Something like:

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text  -----------------------------------------------
text text text text |     Some piece of information goes here       |
[...]

except that I am unable to represent colored background in ASCII. :-)

Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
likely to me that there's a simpler approach.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1101)

Jos� Carlos Santos <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> writes:

> Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
> piece of text with colored background? Something like:

Maybe you could create minipage-environment and then put table there.
But you'd better wait what other people say in this thread.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"halpojen hoitojen maailma uljas haluaa taistosi latistaa, mielesi

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow

> Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
> use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
> likely to me that there's a simpler approach.

   You don't need to put the text into a picture-environment to use
wrapfig.

Harry

--
When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.
0
Harry Schmidt wrote:

>>Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed
>>piece of text with colored background?
>

> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow
>

>>Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then
>>use some package such as wrapfig to wrap text around it, but it seems
>>likely to me that there's a simpler approach.
>

>    You don't need to put the text into a picture-environment to use
> wrapfig.

Thanks a lot. You're right: I was under the impression that wrapfig
and similar packages were meant for pictures (and tables) alone.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1101)