Memoir class trim marks on top of (over) all other content

Hi all,

I have managed to use colored trim marks over the entire width and
height of the page in class memoir. Now I need to have these displayed
on top of (over) all other content.

Reason for this is that some images which are filling the entire width
or height of the page and I need to be able to see where they will be
trimmed by means of these trim marks.

What do I need to change in my document or the class file in order to
achieve this?

Thanks,

Pander
0
pander (57)

Pander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed to use colored trim marks over the entire width and
> height of the page in class memoir. Now I need to have these displayed
> on top of (over) all other content.
>
> Reason for this is that some images which are filling the entire width
> or height of the page and I need to be able to see where they will be
> trimmed by means of these trim marks.
>
> What do I need to change in my document or the class file in order to
> achieve this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pander

crosposting/mailing is not nice

that may be quite hard, you are dealing with layers in the output
routine. And making sure that the trimmarks are at the very top layer is
a rather hard problem.

I think someone is actually looking at the problem (not us) beacause the
memoir trim marks causes problems in xelatex.

BTW: have you tried using the crop package instead just to see if it is
better?

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ:      http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book:     http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/    (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl
http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html
0
daleif2 (2648)
9/22/2009 12:53:52 PM
On Sep 22, 8:34=A0am, Pander <pan...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed to use colored trim marks over the entire width and
> height of the page in class memoir. Now I need to have these displayed
> on top of (over) all other content.
>
> Reason for this is that some images which are filling the entire width
> or height of the page and I need to be able to see where they will be
> trimmed by means of these trim marks.
>
> What do I need to change in my document or the class file in order to
> achieve this?

Since all you need is a visualization, wouldn't it be easier to just
turn on the option for showing the boxes in Adobe Acrobat
(Professional --- maybe Standard has this feature as well).

Or just post-process the .pdf to place the appropriate marks.

William
0
willadams (1425)
9/24/2009 1:21:28 PM
On Sep 22, 2:34=A0pm, Pander <pan...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed to use colored trim marks over the entire width and
> height of the page in class memoir. Now I need to have these displayed
> on top of (over) all other content.
>
> Reason for this is that some images which are filling the entire width
> or height of the page and I need to be able to see where they will be
> trimmed by means of these trim marks.
>
> What do I need to change in my document or the class file in order to
> achieve this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pander

I have tested the alternative proposed by Lars. Using memoir with crop
results in errors.

Approach 1: adding this line:
  \DeclareOption{weird}{\CROP@size{8.5truein}{8.5truein}}
to:
  tex/latex/crop/crop.sty
and adding these lines:
  \usepackage[frame,weird,center]{crop}
  \begin{document}
  \crop[color=3Dred]
results in this error:
  ! LaTeX Error: Option clash for package crop.

Approach 2: adding these lines:
\usepackage[frame,width=3D8.5truein,height=3D8.5truein,center]{crop}
  \begin{document}
  \crop[color=3Dred]
results in the same error:
  ! LaTeX Error: Option clash for package crop.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Preferably, I would like to keep using memoir's trimmarks. They work
and I have tuned them exactly how I want them to appear.
Only the following commands from eso-pic package display an image over
the marks.

\AddToShipoutPicture*{
  \put(,){
    \put(,){
      \includegraphics[]{}
    }
  }
}

What should be changed in eso-pic's output routine in order to display
the images under memoir's trimmarks?

A permanent solution could be implemented via an option for the
includegraphics command and/or the usepackage command that loads eso-
pic.

Thanks,

Pander
0