Need to take mksysb backup of AIX 5.2 & 5.1 on AIX 5.1 Server.

Hi All

Need docmented notes of step by step installing NIM Server on AIX 5.1
Server.
Send me also documented notes on installing the NIM client for Aix 5.2
& 5.1.
You can send the docs to prsanwal@gmail.com mail account.
Awaiting your quick response.
Warm Regards
Prateek S

0
prsanwal (1)
1/19/2006 1:33:36 PM
comp.unix.aix 10963 articles. 1 followers. drkirkby (98) is leader. Post Follow

How about go search IBM's web site and use the man pages... then if you
get stuck, come back here and ask for help...
We're not here to do your job for you.

0
dacooley (120)
1/19/2006 8:08:46 PM
seriously!
jeez prateek... have a little tact man!  you want us to find you a
bunch of documentation and mail it to you?  and quickly?  come on
dude... show a little initiative... at least TRY to figure it out by
yourself first, and evidence that by posting what you have tried and
what happened.
i know man pages suck ass (it honestly seems sometimes like they're
TRYing to be vague and indirect sometimes).
and i know ibm's website is ridiculously, monumentaly unorganized.
but shit man, have you have heard of google?  or askjeeves?
i just searched for "installing NIM server on AIX" on google and found
like 12,000 results!
i know you come from a different culture where people may act a bit
more... direct... in the workplace, but when you post a post like that,
where you obviously havent even tried to find out yourself, you want
people to find you documentation and EMAIL it to you, and you tell them
to be QUICK?
shit dude... not really how it works around here.  btw- no one can see
your email address in case you didnt know.

cc wrote:
> seriously!
> jeez prateek... have a little tact man!  you want us to find you a
> bunch of documentation and mail it to you?  and quickly?  come on
> dude... show a little initiative... at least TRY to figure it out by
> yourself first, and evidence that by posting what you have tried and
> what happened.
> i know man pages suck ass (it honestly seems sometimes like they're
> TRYing to be vague and indirect sometimes).

On the other hand the IBM Redbooks are a great source and i
believe there is at least one dealing with NIM to the extend.
Start here:
   http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/

On the whole issue: Lately, it seems to me there are quite a
lot of people dropping in here - and other Unix related groups
as well - with a similar attitude. Is it just me? It would be
way too easy to blame the whole thing on the growing number of
http2nntp sites. What i really can't figure out is how anyone
with such low initiative and interest in the admin job can get
a job out there! Is it "fake it 'til you make it", or has HR
gone blind and deaf?

Puzzled,

	Frank