PHP-5.3.2

I run into this problem now and again and, because it's infrequent, never
remember how to resolve it.

Briefly, after installing php5.3.2 on i386, each and every time  I attempt
to run the PHP CLI I get a core dump.  System logs show only an exit on
signal 11 and a core dump.  As well, because of the core dump, I can't
install pear and some necessary pear modules.

Output of uname -a is: FreeBSD aragorn.rgmhome.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD
8.0-STABLE #9: Sun Apr 18 02:03:24 MDT 2010
root@aragorn.rgmhome.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARAGORN  i386

I've looked at the PR database and don't see anything that might relate.
Same's true with google.

Hints, clues, dope-slaps gratefully accepted.

Bob Melson

-----
Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

0
Bob
4/26/2010 12:13:35 AM
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc 13187 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <K4udnVSRos8yR0nWnZ2dnUVZ_owAAAAA@earthlink.com>,
 Bob Melson <amia9018@mypacks.net> wrote:

> I run into this problem now and again and, because it's infrequent, never
> remember how to resolve it.
>
> Briefly, after installing php5.3.2 on i386, each and every time  I attempt
> to run the PHP CLI I get a core dump.  System logs show only an exit on
> signal 11 and a core dump.  As well, because of the core dump, I can't
> install pear and some necessary pear modules.
>
> Output of uname -a is: FreeBSD aragorn.rgmhome.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD
> 8.0-STABLE #9: Sun Apr 18 02:03:24 MDT 2010
> root@aragorn.rgmhome.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARAGORN  i386
>
> I've looked at the PR database and don't see anything that might relate.
> Same's true with google.
>
> Hints, clues, dope-slaps gratefully accepted.

take a look at this:
http://www.pingle.org/2007/09/22/php-crashes-extensions-workaround

patpro

--
A vendre : KVM IP 16 ports APC
http://patpro.net/blog/index.php/2008/01/12/133

> In article <K4udnVSRos8yR0nWnZ2dnUVZ_owAAAAA@earthlink.com>,
>  Bob Melson <amia9018@mypacks.net> wrote:
>
>> I run into this problem now and again and, because it's infrequent,
>> never remember how to resolve it.
>>
>> Briefly, after installing php5.3.2 on i386, each and every time  I
>> attempt
>> to run the PHP CLI I get a core dump.  System logs show only an exit on
>> signal 11 and a core dump.  As well, because of the core dump, I can't
>> install pear and some necessary pear modules.
>>
>> Output of uname -a is: FreeBSD aragorn.rgmhome.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD
>> 8.0-STABLE #9: Sun Apr 18 02:03:24 MDT 2010
>> root@aragorn.rgmhome.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARAGORN  i386
>>
>> I've looked at the PR database and don't see anything that might relate.
>> Same's true with google.
>>
>> Hints, clues, dope-slaps gratefully accepted.
>
> take a look at this:
> http://www.pingle.org/2007/09/22/php-crashes-extensions-workaround
>
> patpro
>
> --
> A vendre : KVM IP 16 ports APC
> http://patpro.net/blog/index.php/2008/01/12/133

Thanks.  No joy, though.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Bob

-----
Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

0
Bob
4/26/2010 5:17:43 AM
On Sunday 25 April 2010 22:53, patpro ~ patrick proniewski
(patpro@boleskine.patpro.net) opined:

> In article <K4udnVSRos8yR0nWnZ2dnUVZ_owAAAAA@earthlink.com>,
>  Bob Melson <amia9018@mypacks.net> wrote:
>
>> I run into this problem now and again and, because it's infrequent,
>> never remember how to resolve it.
>>
>> Briefly, after installing php5.3.2 on i386, each and every time  I
>> attempt
>> to run the PHP CLI I get a core dump.  System logs show only an exit on
>> signal 11 and a core dump.  As well, because of the core dump, I can't
>> install pear and some necessary pear modules.
>>
>> Output of uname -a is: FreeBSD aragorn.rgmhome.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD
>> 8.0-STABLE #9: Sun Apr 18 02:03:24 MDT 2010
>> root@aragorn.rgmhome.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARAGORN  i386
>>
>> I've looked at the PR database and don't see anything that might relate.
>> Same's true with google.
>>
>> Hints, clues, dope-slaps gratefully accepted.
>
> take a look at this:
> http://www.pingle.org/2007/09/22/php-crashes-extensions-workaround
>
> patpro
>
> --
> A vendre : KVM IP 16 ports APC
> http://patpro.net/blog/index.php/2008/01/12/133

You were right that the order of the extensions in extensions.ini was the
problem.  I tried the script above with no success but was able to "cure"
the problem by substituting the extensions.ini from a known working
installation for the one on the non-working system and, voila!, it worked.

Your suggestion was the necessary clue.  Thanks.

Bob Melson

-----