Your hplip may not be broken

This appeared deep in another thread, so I thought I would repeat it here.

If your printer using HPLIP was working at one time, but after upgrades
seems to be broken, try the command-line interface.  The gnomy-gui interface
*is* hosed and may lead you to think hplip is broken.

--
Lars Eighner  SAVE BEASTIE!  usenet@larseighner.com <http://larseighner.com/>
 TIP: In a Makefile command, if you want a variable passed to the shell as a variable, double the dollar sign.  Otherwise make will replace it with its            value as a make variable, which is likely to be empty.