Math function error

Hello,
I get this error every time I a try to compile a program with math
functions.

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Amadou O. Wane
Online Faculty

0
AMADIUM

AMADIUM wrote:

> Hello,
> I get this error every time I a try to compile a program with math
> functions.
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> information.
> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Amadou O. Wane
> Online Faculty
> University of Phoenix
> Tampa, FL
> (813) 814-4234 [Eastern Time Zone]
> amadouW0000@email.uophx.edu
> wane@intechs.net  (alternate)

Try adding "-lm" to the end of your compile line.
This will cause the math library (libmath) to be
included in your compile.

--
		Fletcher Glenn
		email f-g-l-e-n-n@quest.com (remove the dashes)
Fletcher Glenn wrote:

> AMADIUM wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I get this error every time I a try to compile a program with math
> > functions.
> >
> > ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow
> > ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> > information.
> > collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Amadou O. Wane
> > Online Faculty
> > University of Phoenix
> > Tampa, FL
> > (813) 814-4234 [Eastern Time Zone]
> > amadouW0000@email.uophx.edu
> > wane@intechs.net  (alternate)
>
> Try adding "-lm" to the end of your compile line.
> This will cause the math library (libmath) to be
> included in your compile.
>
> --
>                 Fletcher Glenn
>                 email f-g-l-e-n-n@quest.com (remove the dashes)

Pardon me, instead of libmath I should have said libm.

--
		Fletcher Glenn
		email f-g-l-e-n-n@quest.com (remove the dashes)
0
Fletcher
6/30/2003 10:13:41 PM
"AMADIUM" <no@intechs.net> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I get this error every time I a try to compile a program with math
> functions.

> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> information.
> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

    Whenever the linker gives you an undefined symbol error, you should
search all your system libraries to see which one provides that symbol. Odds
are, you'll find it in libm, so add '-lm' to your final step.

    DS

0
David