Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7

Hi all,

I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning
with OSR 5.0.5.

Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the
poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware
comptatibility).

has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC,
Adaptec) are used.

Thank you in advance fir the help.

Andre Georgel

Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr

"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien �
ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
when there is nothing to remove."

(A. de Saint Exupery)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:25:06 +0000, Andre Georgel
<andre.georgel@mareduspam.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning
>with OSR 5.0.5.
>
>Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the
>poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware
>comptatibility).
>
>has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC,
>Adaptec) are used.
>
>Thank you in advance fir the help.

>Andre Georgel
>
>Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr
>
>"La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien �
>ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enlever."
>"Perfection is not when there is nothing to add, but
>when there is nothing to remove."
>
>(A. de Saint Exupery)

Dell admits there are problems with their PERC2s and PERC3s
and have no fixes for SCO OS.  We dumped all our PERCs
and went to Adaptec 2110s Controllers @ 350 a pop.
Faster and no more strange crashes anymore.  Best money
and time we ever spent.

0
Jerry56 (37)