Upgrading 5.0.5 Host To 5.0.7 Enterprise

Hello,

What are the flaming hoops I need to jump through to upgrade
a 5.0.5 Host to 5.0.7 Enterprise?

I've tried to do some net research on my own on this and it's darn confusing
to a newbie to UNIX like myself. It looks like I have to first purchase an
upgrade to 5.0.6 Host or 5.0.7 Host and then I can get a trade-in/upgrade
to 5.0.7 Enterprise? WTF?

Thanks for any help!

Ian
0
imotter (2)

Motterman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are the flaming hoops I need to jump through to upgrade
> a 5.0.5 Host to 5.0.7 Enterprise?
>
> I've tried to do some net research on my own on this and it's darn
confusing
> to a newbie to UNIX like myself. It looks like I have to first
purchase an
> upgrade to 5.0.6 Host or 5.0.7 Host and then I can get a
trade-in/upgrade
> to 5.0.7 Enterprise? WTF?

It's less awful than it seems.  The path is indeed upgrade to 5.0.7
host and then upgrade that to Enterprise.  In practice, the first
upgrade is the one where things can go wrong (if at all) and the second
is trivial.

--
Tony Lawrence

> Thanks for any help!