My hard disc locked

I've got two hard discs, one is for my system and one is for the
data.( both of them are in NTFS format)
few days ago, my system went down and I wanted to install format and
install windows98 to drive C.(I used XP before)
Unluckily, I can't install Windows 98 into Drive C(looks like it's not
competitible w/ NTFS)
So I installed XP afterwerds. After that, My Drive D turned to RAW
format, I can't open drive D's data. The windows said that I haven't
format the D drive ant when I use the fdisk, it can't identify my
drive D's format.
There are twenty-something giabytes of IMPORTENT DATA.
Plz help me!
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 19 Feb 2004 02:18:34 -0800, antony617hk@yahoo.com.hk (antony617)
wrote:

>I've got two hard discs, one is for my system and one is for the
>data.( both of them are in NTFS format)
>few days ago, my system went down and I wanted to install format and
>install windows98 to drive C.(I used XP before)
>Unluckily, I can't install Windows 98 into Drive C(looks like it's not
>competitible w/ NTFS)
>So I installed XP afterwerds. After that, My Drive D turned to RAW
>format, I can't open drive D's data. The windows said that I haven't
>format the D drive ant when I use the fdisk, it can't identify my
>drive D's format.
>There are twenty-something giabytes of IMPORTENT DATA.
>Plz help me!

I found this in a different group:

>Bednarek <mb at mbednarek dot com> wrote:

>NTFSDOS Professional:
><http://www.wininternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/index.asp>
------------------------

HTH
Geo

0
Me8734 (184)
2/19/2004 7:52:52 PM
oh and btw  windows 95, 98  uses  FAT32
while windows 2000 , XP uses NTFS

"bob shiply" <dsd@aol.com> wrote in message
> is the important data on the 2nd hard drive or 1st ( C:) ??
>
> if so  unplug the IDE cable from the data hard drive format the 1st drive
> install windows.  after all thats done turn off power plug the 2nd (data)
> drive back in  and reboot .
>
> =-)
> "GEO" <Me@home.here> wrote in message
> > On 19 Feb 2004 02:18:34 -0800, antony617hk@yahoo.com.hk (antony617)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I've got two hard discs, one is for my system and one is for the
> > >data.( both of them are in NTFS format)
> > >few days ago, my system went down and I wanted to install format and
> > >install windows98 to drive C.(I used XP before)
> > >Unluckily, I can't install Windows 98 into Drive C(looks like it's not
> > >competitible w/ NTFS)
> > >So I installed XP afterwerds. After that, My Drive D turned to RAW
> > >format, I can't open drive D's data. The windows said that I haven't
> > >format the D drive ant when I use the fdisk, it can't identify my
> > >drive D's format.
> > >There are twenty-something giabytes of IMPORTENT DATA.
> > >Plz help me!
> >
> > I found this in a different group:

> > >Bednarek <mb at mbednarek dot com> wrote:
> >

> > >NTFSDOS Professional:
> > ><http://www.wininternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/index.asp>
> > ------------------------
> >
> > HTH
> > Geo

0
dsd7791 (10)
2/20/2004 2:16:04 AM
To bob shiply:

I've done wt u've said,
The windows XP still can't identify Drive D, It said it's in RAW
format, requesting me to format it. I didn't formatted it during
trying to install the Win98, so i belive that my data is still there.
p.s.My important data is in drive D